Thank you for participating in Thinking Cap!
On November 21, 2019, we launched Thinking Cap to engage with the community and gather ideas and feedback about the future of Cap Mall. Hundreds of North Shore residents participated in our online survey on proposed guiding principles for the development, attended our open house, a stakeholder meeting, and/or met our canvas team at their doorstep or place of business.
Our most recent online survey closed on January 31 and we will provide a summary of what we heard in the weeks to come.
We sought community input on our proposed guiding principles:
- Transit-oriented, connected community with many ways to move
- Sustainable community design, ecological restoration and opportunities associated with MacKay Creek
- A vibrant neighbourhood centre and connecting place
- Innovative employment, retail and community services
- A mix of housing options to increase choice for North Shore residents and workers
WHAT WE HEARD IN 2019
In June and July 2019, we received feedback from 851 North Shore residents and workers about what they love most about the North Shore and what they see as community needs. People told us that they love the North Shore’s connection to nature and the outdoors, and that they want accessible public transit and more diverse housing options. For a summary of the results, click here.
HOW INPUT WILL BE USED
Your feedback, along with technical considerations, will inform the final guiding principles and will help QuadReal in future planning and design for the Cap Mall site. Thinking Cap is an ongoing conversation with the community, and we will be returning to gather feedback throughout the process.