Capilano Mall has proudly served the North Shore for over 50 years and, over that time, has become an important community gathering place and provider of family-oriented retail. Now it’s time to think about how it can meet the community’s needs for the next 50 years.
Located on the new RapidBus route, Cap Mall is connected to everything we love on the North Shore. Thinking Cap is about a future for Cap Mall that is greener and more sustainable, offers a range of important services for people, responds to the North Shore’s housing needs, offers a renewed focus for retail, and provides a community gathering space.
Let us know your thoughts, and for a chance to win a $100 gift card to spend at Cap Mall, please complete the Thinking Cap survey here.
What we heard
In June and July 2019, we engaged with 851 North Shore residents and workers. People told us that they love the North Shore’s connection to nature and the outdoors, and that they want accessible public transit and more diverse housing options.
Thinking Cap: We want to hear from you
We used what we learned to help develop proposed principles that would guide the design for the site. We want to hear your feedback on our proposed guiding principles:
- Transit-oriented, connected community with many ways to move
- Sustainable community design, ecological restoration and opportunities associated with MacKay Creek
- A vibrant neighbourhood centre and connecting place
- Innovative employment, retail and community services
- A mix of housing options to increase choice for North Shore residents and workers
You can participate by:
- Reading the Discussion Guide, which provides more information on our proposed guiding principles, the community engagement process, and QuadReal
- Completing the Thinking Cap survey here
- Attending the Open House
- Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Time: 4 PM to 8 PM
- Location: Capilano Mall — Grand Court (by Starbucks), 935 Marine Drive, North Vancouver, BC V7P 1S3
Your input will help shape and inform the proposed guiding principles for Cap Mall’s future. Thinking Cap is an ongoing conversation with the community, and we will be returning to gather feedback throughout the process.