QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, QuadReal Property Group is a Canadian real estate investment, development and management company operating on a global scale.
The company’s $24.5 billion portfolio spans 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. Owned by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), formerly bcIMC, one of Canada’s largest institutional investors, QuadReal was established to manage its real estate investment portfolio.
Based out of North Vancouver, the Property Manager will support Capilano Mall and Northwoods Village. Reporting directly to the Director Operations, West, the Property Manager will be responsible for managing property performance, providing best-in-class service, and overseeing the property management teams.
- Responsible for the day to day management of the properties
- Lead and foster an environment and culture which supports QuadReal Retail’s ‘Best in Class’ mandate ensuring exceptional service delivery across all functional areas of the properties
- Ensure superior tenant relations through personal contact and excellent customer service
- Lead and mentor team to ensure high standards and engagement are maintained in accordance with established policies
- Interact and effectively communicate on financial performance, property operations, staffing and tenant relations
- Responsible for building revenue and expenses including preparing and operating within an approved budget, analyzing monthly financial statements and preparation of quarterly management report, ensuring tenant billings and year end adjustments are correct and conform to the lease.
- Administer leases to ensure all requirements are met
- Oversee accounts receivable to ensure they are assertive and consistent while managed to QR targets
- Ensure capital projects are properly implemented, including building improvements and leasehold improvements
- Oversee the sustainable initiatives and programs at the properties
- Collaborate with Retail’s Marketing teams to ensure close and strategic liaison with the community and various charitable organizations
- Tender, recommend and supervise service contracts
- Work closely with Operations teams to ensure the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of properties including compliance with government regulations, achievement of maintenance/life safety standards and sourcing cost effective ways to operate
- Oversee management of cleaning, snow removal, security and landscape contracts to ensure performing within company standards and exceeding needs of tenants.
- Supervise and/or develop appropriate operating procedures for the properties ensuring legislative or regulatory requirements are adhered to and emergency response procedures are regularly updated.
- Work cooperatively with Leasing to support achievement of budgeted leasing projections.
- Regularly visit properties
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years’ property management experience. Experience in Retail or Commercial properties, with experience managing major renovation or re-development, is considered a significant asset
- Experience with BOMA Best, LEED EB:OM or other sustainable programs is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or Real Estate
- Valid BC Real Estate License (Property Management) or other Canadian jurisdiction with ability to transfer.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with senior management, contractors, tenants and the public
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to empower and coach/counsel staff to achieve performance goals
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Flexible with the ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Suites. Working knowledge of JD Edwards accounting system is beneficial
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.