QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
About QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. Its assets under management total $67.1 billion. From its foundation in Canada as a full-service real estate operating company, QuadReal has expanded its capabilities to invest in equity and debt in both the public and private markets. QuadReal invests directly, via programmatic partnerships and through operating companies in which it holds an ownership interest.
QuadReal seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Retail, National Marketing, the Marketing Manager at Capilano Mall is responsible for the overall planning and execution of marketing activities designed to elevate the Capilano brand as well as increase customer awareness, traffic and retail sales.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day marketing of Capilano Mall.
- Prepare and execute an annual strategic marketing plan outlining short and long-term strategies for all aspects of the marketing portfolio including traditional and non-traditional media, public relations, special events, social media, interactive, customer service, and tenant relations.
- Prepare and manage the annual marketing budget including creating support schedules, coding and processing payables, analyzing variances, and reporting on the budget as requested.
- Develop and produce all marketing communications materials including marketing collateral and print, broadcast, digital and environmental media.
- Develop, plan and execute consumer and community-based events including developing event concepts and timelines, securing sponsors, coordinating volunteers, hiring vendors, obtaining swag bag items, hiring temporary staff, completing requisite insurance-related paperwork, and preparing an event post-mortem.
- Serve as editor of the internal newsletter intended for the Capilano community, including writing copy, editing, designing the issue, proofreading, printing and distribution.
- Serve as editor-in-chief of the website including producing content and content schedules, keeping the website fresh at all times, etc.
- Ultimate responsibility for all of Capilano’s social channels including content strategy and planning, social listening and response, ongoing tracking and reporting.
- Foster positive tenant, consumer, community and philanthropic relationships.
- Conduct and evaluate primary and secondary research, as needed, to evaluate program effectiveness, assist with planning, assess competition and be proactive in marketing efforts.
- Assist Leasing, as needed, through research and marketing efforts with the collective goal of achieving 100% tenant occupancy.
- Work hand-in-glove with other management staff and employees.
- Participate in regular marketing meetings, staff meetings, one-on-one retailer meetings, agency/vendor briefings, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Superior oral and written communication skills (specifically, editing and copywriting).
- Proven social media experience.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with proven creative and innovative approach to doing things.
- Possess a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as, work independently.
- Event planning and execution experience mandatory.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage tight deadlines.
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- University Degree or College Diploma in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or Business preferred.
- Minimum 5 years marketing/communications experience.
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
QuadReal has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19 for everyone working in our offices or sites. Accordingly, a successful candidate offered employment at QuadReal will need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to commencing employment, subject exemptions permitted under applicable employment and human rights legislation.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.