QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, QuadReal Property Group is a Canadian real estate investment, development and management company operating on a global scale.
The company’s $24.5 billion portfolio spans 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. Owned by British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), formerly bcIMC, one of Canada’s largest institutional investors, QuadReal was established to manage its real estate investment portfolio.
The Maintenance Technician at QuadReal Property Group provides operational and technical support by overseeing maintenance and repairs for the retail shopping centre. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position ensures the shopping centre and related buildings are managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner and to the highest level of operational efficiency.
- General maintenance of the interior and exterior including painting, minor drywall and concrete repairs, and overall housekeeping such as sweeping, litter removal, snow shoveling and pressure washing
- Oversee the preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, lighting, electrical, life safety systems and water treatment
- Assist with the management of waste, recycling and hazardous materials
- Assist with the management of energy and utility consumption, including environmental assessments and reporting
- Assist in maintaining sound building envelope, structural integrity, and roof maintenance
- Support the Marketing teams with event set-up for the retail centre and various marketing initiatives throughout the year
- Support capital projects to ensure smooth shopping centre operations
- Submit and maintain accurate and up-to-date work order files
- Remain current and up to date with industry practices, legislative changes, and new technologies
- Understand the fire safety systems and emergency plans for the centre
- Other related duties as required
Experience and Qualifications
- 2-3 years’ related maintenance experience in construction, hospitality, facility and/or building operations
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong initiative and team work skills
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.