QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
About QuadReal Property Group
QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. Assets under management are $61.2 billion. From its foundation in Canada as a full-service real estate operating company, QuadReal has evolved its capabilities to invest in public and private debt and equity markets. QuadReal invests directly, via programmatic partnerships and through operating companies in which it holds an ownership interest.
QuadReal seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for providing operational, administrative, and technical service support to Capilano Mall and Northwoods Village. Reporting to Operations Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is focused on ensuring Capilano Mall and Northwoods Village are managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner and to the highest level of operational efficiency. Directing both in-house and contracted service teams, the Maintenance Supervisor will create 'Best in Class' service and environment for our Tenants and Guests. Over the next 5 — 10 years, Capilano Mall will undergo a significant redevelopment and the successful applicant will work alongside the Development Team and liaise with all levels to support the success of the redevelopment.
- Responsible for the operation and upkeep of all building systems including mechanical, electrical plumbing, structural systems, and building life safety equipment and systems
- Oversee the maintenance and housekeeping of the grounds, ensuring public and tenant safety, and perform daily site inspections
- Ensure optimization of site energy management and recycling programs. Review utility consumption trends with operations staff
- Establish a program of scheduled preventive maintenance
- Ensure tenant service requests are responded and addressed in a timely manner Lead, coach and mentor the operations staff using Top Grading
- Administer ongoing BOMA BEST and LEED Certification where applicable
- Assist with onsite management of capital projects, execution of the capital plan, and identifying issues for current or future repairs
- Assist OM in the Tenant Coordination process for reviewing and approving all drawings & managing the Landlord work and tenant improvements from beginning to end
- Assist OM to Write specifications and tendering documents for construction and capital projects
- Supervise contractors for maintenance work and construction projects, ensuring building standard compliance
- Assist OM in Preparation of annual operations and capital project budgets
- Assess and provide long-term planning reports for capital expenditures Monitor, maintain and service tools and equipment
- Conduct insurance and risk management inspections, recommend remedial actions, and report findings
- Ensure compliance with legislation and corporate Occupational Health and Safety program with all contractors and staff
- Remain current and up to date with new industry practices, legislative changes, and new technologies
- Provide emergency response coverage as required
- Other related duties as required
Experience and Qualifications
- 5 – 10 yrs Senior Maintenance Technician or 1 – 3 yrs Maintenance Supervisor
- Experience in construction, hospitality, plant operations, facility and/or building operations with at least 2 years’ experience with HVAC and other related equipment
- 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate or Building Environmental Systems Class I and II preferred but not required
- Thorough knowledge of general maintenance procedures, current technology, electrical/mechanical systems and blueprint reading/comprehension
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Valid driver’s license
- Must have knowledge of Angus Anywhere
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong initiative and team work skills
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.